From Miles Davis and Willie Akins to Eric Slaughter and Ptah Williams, St. Louis has a living legacy of jazz. It pulses and flows through every bass note, a staccato heart beat riding across generations of red brick and river. Every Wednesday evening, the St. Louis community comes together for the Wednesday Night Jazz Crawl, live in Grand Center. Free, family-friendly, and open to jazz lovers of all ages, this weekly event celebrates the finest in jazz talent, and the venues that form the backbone of a St. Louis legacy.
Sponsored by the Kranzberg Arts Foundation, The Wednesday Night Jazz Crawl helps continue the Foundation’s mission to establish the essential infrastructure necessary for the arts to thrive in the St. Louis community and bring the arts within reach for people of all ages and backgrounds.
The weekly Wednesday Night Jazz Crawl schedule is as follows:
- 5-7pm: Jazz Happy Hour at Magnolia Café @ KDHX
- 7-9pm: Kranzberg Jazz Jam at Kranzberg Arts Center, hosted by Bob Deboo. All ages welcome.
- 8-10pm: Jazz Sessions at Curtain Call Lounge in The Fabulous Fox
- 9-11pm: Jazz Hang at The Dark Room with the Kasimu Taylor Trio; 21+
- 7:30-8:45pm and 9:30-10:45pm: Live Jazz at the Bistro performances featuring local and national talent via simulcast at Nancy’s Jazz Lounge