Be an Advocate for the Arts
About Kranzberg Arts Foundation
Through the development of artistic venues, studios and workspaces, short and long-term residencies, and community-based programming, the Kranzberg Arts Foundation provides essential infrastructure for the arts to thrive in the St. Louis region. Taking an arts-based approach to community development, the Foundation ensures we are aligning our investments with the needs and vision of the broader community. Committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive approach, we further economic development and cultural sustainability, while helping to establish St. Louis as a premier arts and entertainment destination.
Bar / Concession, Ushers, Servers
Kranzberg Arts Foundation is hiring reliable and responsible part-time / seasonal employees for the following positions:
- Bar / Concession
This is a great opportunity for those looking for temporary work, in a fun, exciting, and safe environment. We offer competitive pay and flexible hours. Please send your resume to [email protected]
As Gallery Associate, you’ll have the opportunity to serve the St. Louis arts scene in a dynamic and creative environment. This opportunity is ideal for an individual who has meaningful experience in the visual arts, retail, and gallery support and is looking for a way to make a significant impact in the St. Louis arts community.
The Gallery Associate will report to the Director of Visual and Literary Infrastructure.
- Supervise gallery hours at High Low Gallery, the Gallery at the Kranzberg, Dark Room Gallery, and Sophie’s Gallery.
- Is available to assist artists in scheduling the details of their exhibition and is present for the installation and deinstallation of work.
- Supports moving/placing infrastructure (vitrines, pedestals, ladders, etc.) throughout install/deinstall
- Arrange for shipping and delivery of purchases
- Access immediate and accurate responses to customer inquiries
- Updates all areas of the Art Storefronts website, our e-commerce platform
- Send out emails through MailChimp
- Provide computer support: Well versed (possess excellent computer knowledge) in their computer use and various pieces of software
- Attends all gallery receptions and First Friday events.
- Assists Director of Visual and Literary Infrastructure and Visual Arts Team with gallery maintenance and administration aspects.
- Serve as a Studio Attendant beginning in October when our Visual Artists in Residence take ownership of studio space in the Kranzberg Arts Center.
- Ensures studio policies and procedures are kept.
- Will follow protocol in the case of an injury or other emergency.
- Responsible for communication if trash/recycle bins are overflowing.
- Keeps the studio closet organized and maintains inventory supplies.
- Associates Degree, or 2-4 years related experience.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and excellent customer service ethics
- Familiarity with Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Excellent telephone manners
- Bring a passion for the work and mission of Kranzberg Arts Foundation and seek an opportunity to raise the profile and arts and culture throughout our region.
- Able to adapt in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Maintains a positive attitude and poise under pressure
- Organized enough to prioritize multiple tasks
- Understand the value of collaboration and seek inclusion for team members
- Exhibit a passion for and expectation of attention to detail
- Balance multiple tasks, projects, and timelines.
- Relish the opportunity to work with stakeholders of diverse backgrounds with a positive, optimistic and solutions-oriented attitude.
- Desire continuous learning and professional self-improvement.
- Availability on weekends and some evenings
- 2-3 years in retail customer service experience
- Familiarity with MailChimp or similar programs
- Familiarity with Photoshop and Lightroom
- Upbeat and energetic personality
- Background in visual art and / or on-the-job art experience
- Competent in general art studio policies and practices
Hours and Compensation:
- Part-time, working on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, including opening and closing receptions and Artist Talks
- Hourly wage of $18/hr
- Minimum of 20 hours per week
At-Will Employment: Your employment with Kranzberg Arts Foundation is “at will,” and thus you or the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or advance notice. The Kranzberg Arts Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change your compensation and/or employee benefits at any time on a prospective basis.
Additional Agreements: As a condition of your employment, you agree to execute any additional agreements required by Kranzberg Arts Foundation at the start of your employment. This includes any agreements that relate to your confidentiality or intellectual property assignment obligations to Kranzberg Arts Foundation. You further agree that at all times during your employment (and afterwards as applicable), you will be bound by, and will fully comply with, these additional agreements.
Contingencies: This offer is contingent upon the successful completion of any background or reference checks requested by Kranzberg Arts Foundation. For purposes of federal immigration law, you will be required to provide to Kranzberg Arts Foundation documentary evidence of your identity and eligibility for employment in the United States. Such documentation must be provided to us within three business days following the start of your employment, or our employment relationship with you may be terminated.
Entire Agreement: This employment agreement, along with the Confidentiality Agreement, sets forth the terms and conditions of your employment with Kranzberg Arts Foundation, and supersedes any prior representations or agreements concerning your employment with the Company, whether written or oral. You acknowledge and agree that you are not relying on any statements or representations concerning Kranzberg Arts Foundation or your employment with Kranzberg Arts Foundation except those made in this agreement. This employment agreement may not be modified or amended except by a written agreement signed by you and an authorized officer of the Kranzberg Arts Foundation.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Reports to the Director of Administration & Operations and the Director of Bookings and Venue Logistics
● QuickBooks: Data entry and tracking, accounts payable and receivable
● Salesforce: Data entry and tracking
● Contract development and management
● Ticketing, box office administration and settlements
● Assist with misc. clerical duties and tasks throughout of venues
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in office administration and bookkeeping or a related field. Working knowledge of Salesforce, QuickBooks and Excel is essential. The ability to balance multiple tasks, projects, and timelines. Have the ability to adapt in a changing, fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude and poise under pressure.
- Access to health, dental, and vision insurance after 30 days
- Eligible for 401k after 6 months
- Annual vacation, personal, and sick days
Please email resumes to [email protected]
If you have a passion for the arts and are interested in possible future opportunities please send your resume to [email protected] We will be in touch if a role becomes available that matches your skills and experiences.