Be an Advocate for the Arts
About Kranzberg Arts Foundation
Through the development of artistic venues, studios and workspaces, short and long-term residencies, and community-based programming, the Kranzberg Arts Foundation provides essential infrastructure for the arts to thrive in the St. Louis region. Taking an arts-based approach to community development, the Foundation ensures we are aligning our investments with the needs and vision of the broader community. Committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive approach, we further economic development and cultural sustainability, while helping to establish St. Louis as a premier arts and entertainment destination.
- The Kranzberg Arts Foundation provides the essential infrastructure, resources and partnerships for the arts to thrive in the St. Louis region. We’re currently serving & supporting over 150 local arts organizations, visual artists, musicians, writers and filmmakers.
- KAF has developed and currently operates a variety of artistic venues: theaters, visual arts studios and galleries, music studio and stages, dance studio and stages, writers suite, literary arts cafe and performance space, special event spaces and office space for nonprofit organizations. These venues include Kranzberg Arts Center, .ZACK, The Grandel, The Dark Room, The Big Top, High Low, The Marcelle, Hansen House, Sophie’s Artist Lounge and 3333; all residing in the Grand Center Arts District. In addition to these venues, our work has been instrumental in the formation of the Music at the Intersection Festival (Sept. 10 & 11, 2022), the Wednesday Night Jazz Crawl and the St. Louis Art Place Initiative.
- Committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive approach, the Kranzberg Arts Foundation welcomes all communities into our venues and workspaces. We strive to make our spaces accessible and inclusive and understand that we are responsible for creating spaces and programs that provide opportunities and platforms for Black, Latinx, POC, Native, artists with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ artists. We remain committed to using our resources and influence to help build a more diverse and equitable arts community.
- We believe artists and the cultural communities they build represent the heart and soul of our city. Our goal is to bring that feeling to every engagement, creating memorable experiences that leave lasting impressions. We seek to have empathetic and mindful employees that bring passion and commitment to the team and guest experience. We feel these values represent our Heart & Soul: Hospitality, Enthusiasm, Accessibility, Respect, Trust, Sense, Ownership, Unity and Leadership.
Kranzberg Arts Foundation is hiring for the following positions:
The Kranzberg Arts Foundation is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to help serve the St. Louis arts community in a dynamic and creative environment. This opportunity is ideal for an individual with a background in bookkeeping and office management. They will report directly to the Director of Administration & Human Resources. This is a full time position with benefits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data and bill entry
- C-Suite and Trustee support
- Provide support for special projects
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar
- Facilitate clerical duties throughout the district
- Assist with annual audits
- Create and edit formulated spreadsheets
- Generate reports and design presentations
- Oversee inventory of office supplies for multiple locations
- Cover the reception desk if/when required
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in office administration and bookkeeping or a related field.
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks, Salesforce, Slack, Google Drive and Microsoft platforms, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly organized with the ability to balance multiple tasks, projects, timelines and adapt in a changing, fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude and poise under pressure.
- Free tickets to performances: theater, music, dance, etc.
- Drink discounts at Kranzberg Arts Foundation venues
- Paid Time Off: 10 vacation days / 5 personal days / 3 sick days
- Health Insurance: KAF offers health, dental and vision insurance to full time employees after 30 days of employment. The Foundation will pay 75% of the plan.
- Short-Term Disability: Benefits are available to all full time employees after 30 days of employment.
- 401k: This benefit is offered to full-time employees after 6 months of employment.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Ann McKeal, Director of Administration & Human Resources: [email protected]
Sophie’s Artist Lounge – Bar Back
The Dark Room / The Grandel – Bartender
KAF Venues – Audio Tech
- Flexible scheduling options are available
- Competitive hourly pay
- Potential for growth with the foundation
- Part time, 2-3 nights a week
Please send your resume to [email protected]
If you have a passion for the arts and are interested in possible future opportunities please send your resume to [email protected] We will be in touch if a role becomes available that matches your skills and experiences.