Kranzberg Arts Foundation Visual Arts
Call for Exhibition
Deadline: May 15th
The Kranzberg Arts Foundation is now accepting proposals for our 2021 & 2022 Visual Arts Exhibition Calendar. The submissions will be considered for both The Gallery at The Kranzberg and the High Low Gallery. While the theme of your proposal may conceptually vary, we do ask that the proposals submitted are for completed bodies of work. We are considering solo and group proposals, in all media. Both of these galleries have special attributes for the presentation of your work and showcases your exhibit within prominent venues in Grand Center Arts District. Curatorial assistance and studio visits are available upon selection.
The jury will select 16 artists/groups to exhibit for both the 2021 and 2022 seasons in The Gallery at The Kranzberg and the High Low Gallery. All applications will be reviewed by a committee. The stipend for each exhibit will be $500.00. Artist submissions must include the following:
- Complete bodies of work
- Digital images of 10 of the pieces:
- Images should be JPEG approx. 2000 x 1500 pixels at 72 dpi (no larger than 3 mb). RAW and other formats will not be accepted.
- Each image should be labeled: lastname_firstname_#.jpg (example Smith_John_02.jpg)
- An image list with titles, media, dimensions (height x width x depth), date completed, and price (if applicable)
- Current professional biography and CV
- Artist Statement/Show Proposal
- Outline of installation and de-installation process and approximate timeframe
- It is the artist’s responsibility to arrange plans for transportation, delivery, installation, and de-installation of their work
- The artist is allowed approximately 2 days for install and 2 days for de-install
- Please allow for wall repairs in your de-install time frame
- Submissions must be from U.S. residents living within a 200-mile radius of St. Louis, MO
By submitting your application, you agree to allow the Kranzberg Arts Foundation to use samples of your work for promotional purposes
About the Gallery at The Kranzberg
Balanced with natural light and warm hardwood floors, the Gallery at the Kranzberg boasts an inviting environment with 800 square feet of dedicated installation space. The 8ft storefront windows on the Eastern facing wall allows 24-hour active viewership from the historic Grand Avenue for the duration of the exhibition, even beyond gallery hours. The Gallery can accommodate professional hanging systems, pedestals and archival quality vitrines that are available to exhibiting artists by request.
About the High Low Gallery
Nestled in the heart of High Low is a 600-sq. ft. gallery space equipped with modern gallery lighting and professional hanging systems. Exhibitors can extend displays beyond the gallery to the perimeter of the Listening Room adjacent to the gallery when available. Artists and organizations exhibiting at High Low have the opportunity to utilize a projection system, pedestals, and vitrines if desired.
Gallery site visits can be scheduled upon request.
Contact Alexis Rivierre, Visual Experience Coordinator at [email protected].